Sunday 3 August 2014

AUTHOR INTERVIEW with COLLEEN HOOVER


This is an interview that i did with the very awesome Colleen Hoover about 3 months ago.
This author quickly became one of my favorites with just 3 of her novels.
The talented, funny, smart and brilliant COLLEEN HOOVER agreed to an interview and i must say i am very ecstatic that she said yes.
. Interview .
1. What made you become a writer?
I've always enjoyed writing. I wrote my first story when I was 5. I wrote my first novel, Slammed, because I had to take my son to play practice for three hours a day and I had to entertain myself. It wasn't until sales took off with Slammed that I realized I could actually make a career out of this.

2. How do you get your inspiration for the storylines/characters in your books? (especially for Will Cooper and Dean Holder :D).
I've always had a big imagination. I come up with new story ideas every day and write them down in a journal. Most of them turn out to be terrible ideas. Like one day I was looking back at my old notes and saw something that said, "Everyone is gay." No clue what I was going for when I wrote that! But every once in a while one of them sticks with me and just starts to blossom in my head and I have no choice but to write it out.

3. What genre do you prefer to write about?
My books tend to fall into the YA and NA categories.

4. Let everyone know what books you have written, including novellas, short stories, blogs etc.
The Slammed series: Slammed, Point of Retreat, and This Girl
The Hopeless series: Hopeless, Losing Hope, and the FREE spinoff novella, Finding Cinderella
Finding Cinderella in PRINT (releases March 18th)
Maybe Someday (Releases March 18th)
Ugly Love (releases August 5th)

5.Give us some insight into one of your favorite characters and why are they your favorite?
Ah! I can't really pick one of my characters as my favorite, because it's like choosing a favorite kid. Every time I write a new book, those characters feel like my favorites for a while. Ridge from Maybe Someday and Miles from Ugly Love are really special. I can't wait for you to meet them.

6. What are you working on at the moment and when is due to be released?
See question 4 :)

7. What actors/characters are you dream cast for your books SLAMMED or Hopeless? include pictures if you would like.
I don't actually picture my characters when I write them. There are a lot of great pinterest pages with readers' ideas for who should play the characters in my books. I love seeing other people's suggestions.

8. Is there a lot of research involved for your characters, story plots and locations in your books?
There wasn't a lot involved in the Slammed or Hopeless series, but there was a little bit involved in Ugly Love and a decent amount involved in Maybe Someday. Unfortunately, I can't say more than that because those books haven't released yet :)

9.Which authors inspire you?
I hate to say this, but I wasn't a big reader before I started writing. When I did read, it usually wasn't fiction. I read a lot of great books now, because authors are always writing blurbs for each other's covers, but I can't say there were any authors that necessarily inspired me. I was inspired by The Avett Brothers <3.

10. Who is your favorite author and your most loved book of theirs?
I really love The Fault in our Stars by John Green.

11. What do you think of Book Trailers?
They're awesome! I love it when people make them for my books.

12. Do you love designing you book covers? What is the process behind that?
I actually only designed the self-published covers for Slammed and Point of Retreat. The rest of my covers were either designed by Okay Creations or by Atria, my publisher. I think I'll keep leaving it up to the pros!

Okay enough of the hard stuff, here are some fun questions :)
13. Your favorite TV show?
I rarely watch TV anymore because I'm too busy. Right now, I'm obsessed with American Idol. Not for the singing. Just for Harry Connick, JR.

14. All time favorite movie?
The Jerk

15. Who is your book boyfriend Crush ?
I love Josh from The Sea of Tranquility by Katja Millay.

16. If any character from any book EVER could come to life and you could meet them who would it be and what would you talk to them about?
Hmm, that's really tough. I think it would be fascinating to meet Augustus Waters from The Fault in our Stars.

17. What do you love to do when your not writing?
I don't get a lot of free time, but the free time I do have is usually just spent with friends and family.

18. Have you ever been to Australia?
No but I would love to go!

19. Do you have any pets?
I have a Pomeranian. Her name is Pacey.

Last and probably the most important :-)

20. What book are you reading at the moment?
Mud Vein by Tarryn Fisher. It's not out yet but it's one of the best books I've ever read and you all have to read it when it comes out!

There you have it my lovely's my interview with the wonderful Colleen Hoover. I will say i was a little 'starstruck omg' when she said yes and so very grateful she agreed to it.
Thank-you again Colleen Hoover for taking time out of your busy schedule for one of your fans.

No comments:

Post a Comment

var custom_pinit_button = "http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-3CPCJ031n9M/U_vWZXUV1SI/AAAAAAAAKPA/8Q3N34ieaBw/s1600/pinit-button.png" // Visit makingdifferent.com for more widgets and tricks. var