Monday 23 March 2015

**Author Interview with KATY EVANS**


I was privileged enough to interview the amazing talent that is Katy Evans, Author of the loved 'REAL' series and newest addition the 'Manwhore' books.

1. How are you find the writing and publishing process now compared to your first novel REAL? (which I LOVED by the way)
 
Thanks so much for having me over, Kieralee! Also, for reading and loving REAL. :)
 
I think my process has changed a little bit these past two years. When I self-published REAL, things moved a little faster for me. The formatting, book cover, and editing usually took place within a month, and then I uploaded the book and 24 hours later, it was online. Now, my publisher Gallery Books has been an enormous support in getting my books out to stores but the release of the book takes a little longer. The editing process, formatting, etc., is done on their end, and it usually takes us about 4 months to get the book ready to share. I like the slower pace simply because it gives me more time to perfect, though the speed of self-publishing is something I've always loved about having started as Indie. So both methods have perks and tiny differences, but at the end of the day, the overall story doesn’t change. I’d tell the same story, no matter what method I chose to publish it.

2. How do you come up with the all-important book title?
You know, usually the book title is one of the first things that comes to mind when I start writing a book. It's always linked to one of the themes I'm looking forward to exploring in the book and I love how it manages to keep me focused during the writing process.

3. Do you sometimes want to go back to your old characters and write more of their story?
Yes, there are days when I think about a certain book couple and miss them so much that I want to go back and find out more. How are they doing? What do their days and nights look like? Are they happy where they are or are they still aiming to keep taking things to the next, higher level - marriage, babies, etc ?
 
Usually, though, I’m so consumed by my new book couple and their pressing need for my help that I’m simply happy to know that my other guys and girls are enjoying their HEA’s.

4. Favorite author at the moment?
I'm on a Michael Connelly reading spree at the moment. I started with THE POET and I've been hooked.

5. Best book you have read this year so far?
Just finished blurbing Molly O'Keefe's EVERYTHING I LEFT UNSAID and I'm still nursing a hangover! Fabulous writing and fabulous book.

6. If a character from any book you have ever read could come to life for a day who would it be?
I would love to meet Heathcliff from Emily Brontë's Wuthering Heights, he is such a tortured, complex hero and is so raw, his emotions always close to the surface.

7. Book boyfriend crush at the moment?
S.C. Stephen's delish Kellan Kyle. Loved reading his POV in Thoughtful!

8. What are you upcoming releases? Please tell me there's more Brooke & Remy coming?
Coming up are Manwhore and Manwhore +1, and then I was definitely planning to check back with my Real series characters in a Real #6. It’s still in a brainstorming stage so I can't say much but I look forward to checking back on Remy, Brooke, and the gang! :)
 
Thankyou so much Katy Evans for letting me interview and for asking me to review Manwhore from which i still have book hangover!!
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment

var custom_pinit_button = "http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-3CPCJ031n9M/U_vWZXUV1SI/AAAAAAAAKPA/8Q3N34ieaBw/s1600/pinit-button.png" // Visit makingdifferent.com for more widgets and tricks. var